Monday, July 11, 2011

The hardest part and the Best

so today I am WAY OVERTIRED and feel completely nuts..  which brings me to the worst part of being a mom...  Truman doesn't sleep..  bless his heart he can wake up 3-4 times a night and still wake up with a smile, although much after 4 he is a bear the next day :)   I'm a bear all the time, or at least that is what I feel like, these days and it's really sooo not me...  I keep telling myself this too shall pass and as I do I look at all the things that are the best..  The morning sleepy face and half smile as I walk in the room, the feel of his warm face and heavy head as he lays it on my shoulder..  The way he crinkles up his nose and snorts a laugh..  watching him chase the dogs and try to get in the middle of the wrestling (he thinks he is one of them I fear)..  the pull on the bottom of my pants as he pulls up to stand  or to get me to pick him up...  The way he laughs at random things we do and look at us like we are stupid when we try to make him laugh... watch him figure out how things work and how he always picks up the same books for me to read..  REALLY I COULD GO ON...  but all you mommy's and daddy's know these things..  so I will leave you with a picture of our weekend mall outing..  nothing like a few puffs and some water to make a happy baby and a wild lil man..

1 comment:

  1. Keep the hope! Maybe as his solids increase over the next few months & formula decreases, it might help too. <3 You're a great mom, I know no one would argue that!

    ReplyDelete