Tuesday, July 19, 2011

In a day

It seems that things can change in a day... I noticed the other day that Truman woke up different in some way.. 
He played with more drive to learn an activity not just do it... 
His eyes seem to say more as he looked at my face as I spoke, like he was soaking it all in.  As I noticed this I waited with such anticipation for him to truly speak his first words.  He didn't but I know it's coming soon..  He crawled faster and cruised furniture and cabinets with ease, barley holding on... 

I love every second seeing him change and grow..  becoming his own little self with his big personality....  but I'm sad that things change so fast, scared I'm going to miss something or I will forget...
I hope I never forget
-the feeling of is warm cheek on mine as we rock before bed or in the mornings when I lift him out of his crib.
-the wrinkled nose snorting laugh that makes him look like a wild child
-the infectious belly laugh when we smell his feet and say "shewy shew shew"
- the smile that melts you from toothless to his little front teeth
- the way he loves to watch us brush our teeth..
- the way he speed crawls into my lap when he hears a sound that frightens him like the dogs barking or the carpet cleaner..
- the way he can always find that perfect fit in my lap to snuggle even as he has grown taller.
- the way he would say "mmmm" after every bite when he finally got the real stuff
- the way he claps after almost every bite as he feeds himself
- the way he adores Travis in a way different from me
- the way he crawls after the dogs to play
- the big smile, giggle, and wave as Nana holds him in the kitchen and I come through the door from work.
- the way his hands will pat our back while we pat his
- the way he pulls on your pants to let you know he wants you to pick him up
- the smell of lavender baby bath and the feel of cotton night close as we rock and sing before bed
We try so hard to take in the sights, sounds, and smells that are Truman for things change so fast and at times it seems in just a day..

No comments:

Post a Comment