Friday, January 13, 2012

Truman and sleep

So an update to Truman and his sleep.  We had the sleep study performed at U of L and he had many night terrors that night, which was good I wanted them to see what we had been going through..  so after a month of waiting for the results (I was NOT a happy camper) the new Dr came in that read his results and said he had mild obstructive sleep apnea.  Did not offer any clear advice as to what should be done and when I asked about the Night activities and what they were he called Truman an "alerter"..  Try to find that one in your medical books...  so he (not having watched much of the video) tried to tell me it was just Truman letting me know he was awake when the lady that performed the sleep study that night said "he was not really awake"...  I left mad and then emailed the Dr to discuss the night terror activity which this time he said was night terrors and said it was normal and he would out grow them at some point (again he did not watch the video)..  I responded with I did not believe multiple night terrors every night was normal and he would have to present me with research to support that claim..  to that he referred me to another Dr..  ugh imagine that!!
oh and now he says that removing the tonsils and adenoids wouldn't be unreasonable...  Geezzz...
So I decided to do my own trials and since Truman is snot free from the antibiotics (for Christmas Truman had pneumonia ) :(  I started giving him an extra nap on the weekends, and took him for prayer and this week we have been almost night terror free and he slept through the night with no big interruptions for the 1st time EVER..  The teachers at daycare have just gushed at how different Truman has been.  No crying, happy, eating better..  WOW sleep!!!!  each night though seems to have went down hill since he gets no extra sleep at school.  I am going to test this again this weekend with more sleep and see if this week coming is the same...  so the sleep sage continues but we seem to be heading in the right direction if we can keep the throat infections away...

No comments:

Post a Comment